New Seasonal Beer – Wigmore’s Right Proper Porter 6.5%
September sees the release of our new seasonal beer, which is a robust Porter. A complex blend of malts brings chocolate, coffee and liquorice notes. Similar but bolder than our regular Porter, we are looking forward to supping throughout those autumnal evenings.
‘Wigmore’ will be available in 330ml bottles and, if you’re lucky, you might find him in cask somewhere nearby!
Autumn Beer Festivals 2016
We can confirm our beers will be available at several beer festivals over the coming months. If you spot us do come and say hi.
- Friday 30th September – Sunday 2nd October: The Great British Beer Expo 2016, The Snowdrop Inn, Lewes.
- Friday 30th September – Saturday 1st October: Ascot CAMRA Beer festival, Ascot Racecourse.
- Friday 28th – Sunday 30rd October: Royal Standard Beer Festival, Wooburn Common
- Friday 28th – Saturday 29th October: Datchet Beer Festival, Datchet Village Hall
- Thursday 10th – Sunday 13th November: Egham Beer Festival, Egham United Services Club
Wild About Hops
Not many people know that Berkshire was once upon a time a significant hop-growing region. As a result it is not uncommon to find escaped hop plants growing wild in hedgerows. We are lucky to have an abundance of these wild hops growing in our road.
Each year we do one special brew with these fresh green wild hops. As soon as they are ripe they are picked by the bucketful and thrown into the copper for a one-off brew. Our Wild-Hop RSP will be ready in time for the Royal Standard beer festival next month; check it out if you can.